A great way to spend an afternoon with your family. Grandparents, aunts, cousins, etc. can be included in the family package. Family Art Days and Family Open Studios are specially discounted Family events at the studio and scheduled several times a year. Any project listed below can be scheduled for your family group. See details in the sidebar.
Family art classes:
Not scheduled at this time
Mixed Media Winter Collage
Special rate: 16 yrs – Adult $10.00, 3yr-15 yr $5.00
non-family memebers: 16 yrs –Adult $20.00, 3 yr–15 yr $12.00
Registration ends Jan 9.
Family Art Class general info:
- Projects are designed for families and children age 3 years and older.
- Family group can include grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins.
- Children must be accompanied by a participating adult relative.
- Do not bring children who are not participating in the class.
- PLEASE NOTE: This discounted rate is only available for these dates and times. This project can be scheduled for your group on another day/time for the regular rate of $65 for a group of 6 or less.
- Plan on spending about 1 hour making your project. Each person will make their own project Wear old clothes or bring a paint shirt. Many of our art supplies will permanently stain!
Project is a Mixed Media Collage: Collage with a variety of materials such as specialty papers, air dry clay, fabric, yarn, wire, buttons, beads, feathers, etc. Individual collages can be separate or displayed together on one background as a family group.
The following projects can be scheduled for your family group!
General Information: Projects are designed for families with children age 3 years and older. Family group can include grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. Children must be accompanied by a participating parent or other adult relative. $12 for any non-family member in the group, any age PLEASE NOTE: This discounted rate is only available for these date and time.
Choose ONE subject for group:
seasonal still life
Favorite Toy, bring to studio
Pet Portrait, bring photo
Under the Sea
Choose ONE for the group:
9 x 12 or 11 x 14
11" x 14" nonwoven banner
12" x 18" clear plastic banner
Experiment with color and techniques. Details for subject and finished project should be discussed at time of registration.
Length of class: 60-90 minutes
Clay (choose one of the following)
- Pinch pot vase with feet and handle
- pinch pot mug with handle
- animal sculpture
- garden art (fairy house, gnomes, fat frogs, giant caterpillar, etc.)
This is a two session class. You will create your pot or sculpture following a demonstration of coil, pinch and slab methods during the first session. You can carve designs, add monster or animal features to your mug or vase. You will apply ceramic glaze to your creation during the second session. Some sculptures will be painted with acrylic paints Sessions need to be scheduled at least two days apart. Note: clay work will need to be fired and will be available for pick up about 2 weeks after the class.
Length of class: meets twice-60-90 minutes each session
Wild and Whimsical Sculpture
Use found objects, wire, fiber, etc. to create miniature sculptures. These can be representative or abstract.
Length of class: 1 hour
Family Portrait Collage
Each family member will draw a self portrait with choice of oil pastels or colored pencils. Then add collage elements such as colored paper, fiber, fabric, wire, beads, feathers, etc. Finally, all self portraits will be mounted together to create a unique family portrait. Feel free to bring small mementos to add to your portraits.
Length of class: 60-90 minutes